If you have any questions about this policy, please email [email protected] or write to Emma Cleverdon, Head of Marketing, FGE, FGE House, 133 Aldersgate Street, London, EC1A 4JA, United Kingdom.
2. What data do we collect and why?
FGE’s website collects information about individuals in order for us to market certain products and services, and to enable certain web functionality on this site. In addition, we also collect information to better understand how visitors use our website, so as to enable us to present timely and relevant information to our visitors.
FGE operates a strong GDPR compliant policy and does not market to individuals who submit their contact details to us via digital means, unless they have first provided us with written consent, or they’re an existing customer of FGE.
On this website we may collect the following information:
- Full Name
- Job title
- Contact information (including email address and telephone number)
- Demographic information (such as IP address, country and city location)
- Website usage data (pages viewed, reports viewed, brochure downloads)
- Other information relevant to client and non-client enquiries
- Other information pertaining to job applications, product interests, event feedback and event registrations (including webinars and briefings).
FGE’s website contains multiple online forms, which all serve a specific purpose. The way we process the data submitted to us via these online forms differs depending upon the forms purpose.
Online Application Form (Careers section)
The data submitted to FGE via our online application form is held in the strictest of confidence and is not used for marketing purposes or passed on to 3rd party companies. FGE uses the data submitted in this form to contact applicants who have been successfully chosen to attend an interview.
Request Information Form (Services Section)
The data submitted to FGE through this form is used by our sales team to firstly assess your interest in FGE products/services, and secondly to discuss your interest further via telephone, email, or in person. At no time is this data used for marketing purposes or passed on to 3rd party companies. In the event that the individual provides consent to receive a trial of FGE’s products/services via our online client-site or online data system portal, certain contact details such as Full Name, Company Name, and Email Address will be added to the FGE website system to enable the trial access. All such information is fully encrypted and protected by our web security system.
Add to Mailing List (Services Section)
The data submitted to FGE via this online form is used solely to market relevant products/services to the individual via our email marketing system and to highlight key company news (such as press releases and PR emails). In submitting your contact details to FGE via this online form, you are providing full consent for FGE to market their relevant products/services and company news to you, based on the interests you specify before submitting the form, until such a time when you either unsubscribe from the mailing list by clicking on the link at the bottom of the email, request to be removed via email/phone/in person, or request to be forgotten on our system.
Contact Forms (Contact Section)
The data submitted to FGE in our contact forms are used solely for FGE to contact the individual in relation to their initial enquiry and is not used for marketing purposes or passed on to 3rd party companies, unless otherwise requested by the individual in writing or via email.
Brochure Download Form (Service pages)
The data submitted to FGE when downloading a brochure on our website may be used by our sales team to initiate contact with the individual to discuss their interest in a specific product/service. In addition, this data may also be used to market relevant FGE products/services to the individual, until such a time when they either unsubscribe from the mailing list or request to be removed or forgotten from our system. Contact details will only be added to our mailing list if the individual requests to be added to the mailing list before they submit the online form.
Request Call-Back (Service Pages)
The data submitted to FGE through this online form is used by our sales team to initiate contact with the individual who submitted the form to discuss their interest in FGE’s products/services. At no time is this information used for marketing purposes or made available to 3rd party companies, without the express permission of the individual.
3. How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking for from our company, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records;
- To monitor your usage of our products/services;
- To improve the products and services we provide;
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry;
- To customise the website for you;
- To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think may be relevant to you;
- To send you promotional mailings or to call you about products, services, offers, and other things we think might be relevant to you;
- To contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research purposes.
4. Cookies and How We Use Them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer's hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options, or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our website traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us to improve the website structure, design, content, and functionality.
- Identify whether you are signed into our website. The cookies allows us to check whether you are signed into our website, allowing you to access our reports and data effectively without having to log in each time you visit the website.
- Test content of our website. For example, 50% of users might see one piece of content.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
6. Controlling cookies
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
To learn more about cookies and how they are used, visit All About Cookies.
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
8. Links From Our Site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the www.fgenergy.com domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site's data protection and privacy policies fully.
9. Your data protection rights
Individuals whose data we store on our systems, have the right to:
- Request access to the data FGE holds on you at any time;
- Request to be unsubscribed, removed or forgotten (erased) from our systems at any time;
- Request for the data FGE holds on you to be delivered/transferred to yourself or a 3rd party company;
- Request your contact information be updated where necessary;
- Request corrections to the contact information we hold on you;
- Withdraw the consent you provided to us.
If you would like to speak to FGE about your data protection rights, or you wish to update/delete/erase your data (including unsubscribing and removing consent), please contact [email protected] or write to us at FGE, FGE House, 133 Aldersgate Street, London, EC1A 4JA, United Kingdom.
FGE will never lease, distribute, or sell your personal details with 3rd parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to. Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and complies with the EU GDPR legislation.