The annual Strategic Oil Market Outlook is FGE’s core analytical block for its perspectives on future developments in oil demand, supply and prices to 2040. The methodology continues to be based around an internally consistent, bottom-up forecast of regional demand by product and sector, crude oil production by country, and an interaction with oil prices through to 2040.
FGE’s annual report identifies the key sensitivities and risk factors inherent in the long-term outlook for global oil markets.
This study provides:
Which is growing faster—US export supply or Asia import demand?
- OPEC/non-OPEC production outlook and analysis;
- Crude oil production costs by region and resource type;
- Detailed demand outlook by 7 products, 9 end-sectors and 8 regions;
- Resulting oil market balance and price forecast.
FGE’s Strategic Outlook for Oil is available as a standalone study (incl. overall supply by country/demand by sector and region/market balance and price outlook). In addition, this study can be purchased alongside one, or both, of our latest sub-sets (discounts available for grouped purchases); which explore in more detail the road transport and electric vehicle outlook and the tight oil product cost outlook:
- Road Transport and Electric Vehicle Outlook (incl. detailed fleet by fuel and road fuel demand breakdown by region);
- Tight Oil and Production Cost Outlook (incl. detailed production cost and volume outlook by country).
Latest FGE Multi-Client Studies
Preparing for IMO 2020
FGE's detailed assessment of the impact of the IMO 2020 specification changes on the global shipping & refining industries.
Global Crude Trade Study 2018
In a world of rising US production and OPEC output cuts, we assess how the world's crude slate will change over the coming years.
The Strategic Outlook for Oil
FGE’s core analytical block for its perspectives on future developments in oil demand, supply and prices to 2040.