- Midland crude for fourth-quarter delivery nears strongest in months: traders
January 14, 2019
Midland crude for delivery in the fourth quarter is trading at the smallest discount in months in anticipation of the opening of pipelines transporting more than 2 million barrels per day from the Permian basin, the biggest U.S. oil fiel...
- India Oil Demand Rises From 4-Year Low as Cash Ban Impact Fades
January 11, 2019
India’s oil demand growth in 2018 rebounded from the slowest pace in four years as the country recovered from the shock of a cash ban and the roll out of a national sales tax.
- Outlook 2019: India's oil sector hopes for policy continuity in election year
January 10, 2019
Lower crude oil prices have improved the outlook for India's oil demand growth in 2019, but the pace of rise will largely hinge on the continuity of energy reforms and economic policies pursued over the past four years, as the country ge...
- How Environmental Rules Will Actually Make Shipping Fuel Dirtier
January 09, 2019
In fewer than 12 months’ time, thousands of merchant ships are going to start burning fuel containing higher concentrations of sulfur. That’s a quirky outcome of rules that are supposed to cut emissions of the pollutant.
- China Eases Back on Mideast, African Oil After Buying Binge
January 08, 2019
China’s crude oil purchases from the Middle East and West Africa dropped to a four-month low in December, following a buying binge the previous month that saw the Asian country’s stockpiles swell.