- Tanker’s sinking puts spotlight on role of tracking systems
January 15, 2018
The sinking of the Iranian oil tanker Sanchi in the East China Sea and the loss of 32 lives, has raised questions over how such a collision could happen, with analysts and traders focusing on its navigation and satellite tracking systems.
- India's 2017 oil demand growth posts lowest gain since 2013
January 11, 2018
Indian oil consumption in 2017 grew at its slowest in four years, according to government statistics, hit by the government’s demonetisation move and a tax increase that knocked the gain in fuel use back to a modest 2.3 percent.
- Europe Becomes Victim of Russia’s Newest Oil Strategy
January 07, 2018
Higher shipments of Russian crude oil to China may saddle European importers with a fatter bill, an industry consultancy warned at the end of last year, noting the latest stage of Russia’s Eastern pivot: the launch of the expanded East Siberia-Pac...
- Middle East LNG demand forecast to dip as Egypt becomes self sufficient
January 06, 2018
Middle East imports of liquefied natural gas are set to decrease as Egypt becomes more self sufficient, but the Arabian Gulf region will need more of the fuel amid a gas deficiency in several states.
- This Is How to Sneak Oil Into North Korea
January 03, 2018
Donald Trump’s desire to squeeze Kim Jong Un’s regime risks being undermined by the furtive maneuvers of oil tankers at sea.