- Saudi Arabia's naphtha demand to increase - FGE
May 23, 2017
Saudi Arabia's naphtha demand is to increase due to new petrochemical projects, consulting firm FGE says
- Iranian elections to impact oil prices, OPEC meeting in focus
May 23, 2017
The oil price has jumped higher during the previous week and this should be the start of things to come in the following days, as the market absorb Hassan Rouhani presidential elections victory in Iran.
- Kashagan: An oil market game-changer in the making?
May 22, 2017
There is a wildcard among the world’s oil market players that some believe could be a game-changer, throwing a production curveball.
- New energy projects brighten North Sea's twilight years
May 19, 2017
New oil projects over the next two years in the North Sea will have combined capacity to produce 1.2 million barrels per day (bpd), offsetting a slide in output from the oldest deepwater basin that produces the world’s benchmark crude.
- Europe's refineries must stay nimble to avoid margin squeeze
May 17, 2017
Europe's oil refiners will have to carefully manage production, possibly even turning to diesel, to sustain margins as high oil product inventories and uncertain gasoline demand growth threaten a model that has been lucrative over the past three y...