Upstream Oil Analyst - London
An opportunity has arisen at FGE's London office for a mid-level analyst to work as part of our oil team supporting our upstream market analysis and forecasting actitivies.
We are a team of experienced professionals with a wide range of international clients, mainly energy & petrochemical companies, commodity trading firms, financial institutions and producer governments. Consultancy services include the provision of regular research, commercial advice, interacting with clients and undertaking special studies and reports. The entrepreneurial spirit of FGE’s consultants allows for a dynamic working environment that enables the company to adapt and develop its products in line in rapidly evolving and changing industry environment. This dynamism also allows the company to provide unrivalled organic growth opportunities to candidates with a proven ability to develop and expand the business.
The Role and Responsibilities
- Analysing upstream oil from both a general as well as in-depth perspective.
- Working inside existing methodologies to calculate supply forecasts by field and by stream.
- Reviewing and modelling field production for crude and condensate output.
- Providing input into our reports and leading upstream focused project work/studies.
- Being part of a global oil team and work together across various service lines and products.
- Performing an active role in client relations.
- Provide analysis and interpretation of current and future trends in upstream operations (production rates, well modelling, tracking of projects, financial analysis of E&P companies, crude trade).
- Play a key role in developing the company’s short, medium, long-term outlook for crude production and trade.
- Contribute to one or more flagship research reports produced by the company (weekly, monthly and annual basis), covering upstream oil and crude prices.
- Contribute to projects for clients – either in response to specific requests, or as multi-client reports.
- Interact with clients and company offices in other regions (by email, telephone, in person presentations and video-conferencing).
- Providing commentary on market movements and changes.
- Interact with clients and company offices in other regions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, mathematics, economics, or oil and gas related discipline.
- At least 2 years’ experience of the oil industry in an analytical role.
- Ability to work independently and in a project team.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good writing and oral presentation skills.
- Fluent (written and verbal) in English.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel ideally to macro level.
- Ability to perform in a deadline driven environment.
- Ability to work effectively with regional offices to promote products globally.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a vibrant, growing team of professionals and to play a direct role in developing this, core sector of our business.
All applications/enquiries will be treated in strictest confidence.
How Do I Apply for This Position?
If you are interested in applying for this position, and you meet the above requirements, please submit your application through our Online Application Form. Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive, we are only able to contact applicants who have been selected for interview. Please note, we are only able to process applications that include a CV. Those without will not be processed.