Oil Market Consultant - Singapore
FGE's Singapore office is expanding its operations, and as such is recruiting an Oil Market Consultant to join their team of oil experts. This position provides an excellent opportunity for an experienced hire seeking career growth in a dynamic and rapidly growing oil and gas consulting business.
The candidate will have to demonstrate an aptitude to learn and develop rapidly across a number of growing business areas; focused on downstream energy markets, including NGLs, condensates, refined products and bunkering solutions.
The Role and Responsibilities
- The selected candidate will be an integral part in helping to grow our oil and gas consulting business in Asia & the Middle East; focusing primarily on NGLs, condensate, as well as growing our work in bunkering solutions.
- Preparing both regular and ad-hoc research reports related to these 3 business areas in a timely, relevant and thought provoking manner.
- Develop core advisory skills, both written and verbal, presenting to, and guiding key decision-makers from top tier oil and gas and petrochemical companies.
- Maintain and nurture relationships with both current and future clients as well as further develop core business opportunities.
- Working on ad-hoc studies and projects across a wide variety of functions.
Highly numerate graduates ideally with oil industry experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in chemical engineering, economics, business administration, finance or related discipline.
- At least 3 years of experience in refining, commodity trading or petrochemical industries.
- Strong analytical skills, which include know-how in financial modelling, econometrics and/or statistics.
- Appetite to develop and learn independently as well as an aptitude to work efficiently and effectively within a team environment.
- Excellent numeracy/written skills and comfortable working with large data sets
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and perform in a deadline driven environment.
- Fluency in written and spoken English essential.
- Advanced excel skills as well as knowledge of Visual Basics for Applications (VBA), as well as other programming languages are desired although not essential.
- Other financial qualifications like CFA Level 1 are desired but not essential.
- Able to work in Singapore.
How Do I Apply for This Position?
If you are interested in applying for this position, and you meet the above requirements, please submit your application through our Online Application Form (see button below). Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive, we are only able to contact applicants who have been selected for interview. Please note, we are only able to process applications that include a CV. Those without will not be processed.