Oil Market Analyst - Singapore
FGE are looking to hire an Oil Market Analyst to work with our team of experts in our Singapore office. We are a team of experienced professionals with a wide range of international clients, mainly oil companies, financial institutions and producer governments. Consultancy services include the provision of regular research, interacting with clients and undertaking special studies and reports.
Analysing oil products across the barrel, the successful candidate will enhance their already strong numeric and analytical skills and will eventually become a regional or subject expert. Working alongside upstream, refining and economic specialists and other regional specialists the successful candidate will have exposure to the complete oil cycle giving the successful driven and motivated candidate an accelerated learning curve and unparalleled exposure to the industry.
The entrepreneurial spirit of FGE allows for a dynamic working environment that enables the company to adapt and develop its products and services in line with changes within the industry. This dynamism also allows the company to provide unrivalled organic growth opportunities to candidates with a proven ability to develop and expand the business.
The Role and Responsibilities
- Analysing macro and micro economic oil data
- Become part of our global oil team and take a lead role in expanding FGE's oil market analysis and forecasting practice.
- Preparing reports in a timely, relevant and thought-provoking manner.
- Develop the skills to interact with, and present to, clients in one-on-one and seminar environments.
- Maintain regular contact with clients and market participants to gather market information and develop business opportunities.
- Fulfilling the group's research and consulting mandate as well as participate in ad-hoc projects.
- Think creatively and do independent research and work with a project team. Need to work both individually and in a team environment.
- Working closely with other oil and gas experts in our other international offices to provide strategic and analytical input to the research and consulting group.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, economics, business administration or related discipline.
- Knowledge of oil/energy markets and/or financial markets is an advantage, with 0 to 2 years of oil industry/consulting experience (graduates are welcome to apply).
- Strong analytical skills, ability to obtain pertinent information and develop effective models;
- Ability to do independent research and work with a project team.
- Excellent numeracy/written skills and comfortable working with large data sets;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and perform in a deadline driven environment.
- Fluency in English (written and verbal) is essential for this role. Fluency in Indian language(s) is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel ideally to macro level
- Financial and economic modelling skills
- Excellent presentation skills including proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to legally work in Singapore.
How Do I Apply for This Position?
If you are interested in applying for this position, and you meet the above requirements, please submit your application through our Online Application Form (see button on the right). Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive, we are only able to contact applicants who have been selected for interview. Please note, we are only able to process applications that include a CV. Those without will not be processed.