Oil Analyst (Russian speaker Preferred) - London
FGE is an international energy consultancy group specialising in providing world-class research and analysis of both regular and complex aspects of the oil and gas markets. A vacancy has arisen in the London office for a Russian speaking Oil Analyst to work within our extensive oil consulting practice.
We are a team of experienced professionals with a wide range of international clients, mainly oil companies, financial institutions and producer governments. Our consultancy services include the provision of regular research and analysis, interacting with clients and undertaking special studies and reports. The entrepreneurial spirit of FGE’s consultants allows for a dynamic working environment that enables the company to adapt and develop its products in line with changes within the industry. This dynamism also allows the company to provide unrivalled organic growth opportunities to candidates with a proven ability to develop and expand the business.
The Role and Responsibilities
- Become part of the oil team and take a lead role in developing FGE’s analysis of Former Soviet Union countries;
- Analysing macro and micro economic oil data;
- Analysing and modelling industry trends building forecasts and evaluations for FGE’s short- and long-term oil services;
- Report writing and contributing to FGE’s regular short-term global oil service;
- Providing research assistance to consultants and contributing towards client proposals and ad-hoc projects;
- Preparing both internal and external client presentation material.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, economics, business administration or related discipline;
- Fluent (written and verbal) in English and conversant in Russian;
- Genuine and proven interest in both the oil sector and a love of data is essential;
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel ideally to macro level;
- Ability to multi-task and perform in a deadline driven environment;
- Strong analytical skills, ability to obtain pertinent information and develop effective models;
- Excellent numeracy/written skills and comfortable working with large data sets;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the EU.
How Do I Apply for This Position?
If you are interested in applying for this position, and you meet the above requirements, please submit your application through our Online Application Form (see button on the right). Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive, we are only able to contact applicants who have been selected for interview. Please note, we are only able to process applications that include a CV. Those without will not be processed.