Oil Analyst (NGLs) - Singapore
FGE is an international energy consultancy group specialising in providing world-class research and analysis of both regular and complex aspects of the oil and gas markets. A vacancy has arisen in the Singapore office for an Oil Analyst (NGLs) to work within our extensive NGLs consulting practice.
We are a team of experienced professionals with a wide range of international clients, mainly oil companies, financial institutions and producer governments. Our consultancy services include the provision of regular research and analysis, interacting with clients and undertaking special studies and reports. The entrepreneurial spirit of FGE’s consultants allows for a dynamic working environment that enables the company to adapt and develop its products in line with changes within the industry. This dynamism also allows the company to provide unrivalled organic growth opportunities to candidates with a proven ability to develop and expand the business.
The Role and Responsibilities
- Become part of our Natural Gas Liquids (NGLs) team and take a lead role in expanding FGE's market analysis and forecasting practice.
- Working closely with other oil and gas experts in our other international offices to provide strategic and analytical input to the research and consulting group.
- Preparing reports in a timely, relevant and thought provoking manner.
- Develop the skills to interact with, and present to, clients in one-on-one and seminar environments.
- Maintain regular contact with clients and market participants to gather market information and develop business opportunities.
- Fulfilling the group's research and consulting mandate as well as participate in ad-hoc projects.
- Think creatively and do independent research and work with a project team. Need to work both individually and in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, economics, business administration or related discipline;
- Knowledge of oil/energy/petrochemicals markets and/or financial markets is an advantage, with 0 to 2 years of oil industry/consulting experience (graduates are welcome to apply);
- Strong analytical skills, ability to obtain pertinent information and develop effective models;
- Ability to do independent research and work with a project team;
- Excellent numeracy/written skills and comfortable working with large data sets;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to multi-task and perform in a deadline driven environment;
- Fluency in English essential, fluency in Mandarin preferred;
- Willing to work collaboratively in support of the team whilst simultaneously carrying out independent tasks and activities;
- Candidates must be able to work in Singapore;
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
How Do I Apply for This Position?
If you are interested in applying for this position, and you meet the above requirements, please submit your application through our Online Application Form (see button on the right). Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive, we are only able to contact applicants who have been selected for interview. Please note, we are only able to process applications that include a CV. Those without will not be processed.