Head of Refined Products - London or Singapore
FGE is an international energy consultancy group specializing in providing world-class research and analysis of both regular and complex aspects of the oil and gas markets. A vacancy has arisen in our London or Singapore office for a Head of Refined Products. This position provides an excellent opportunity for an experienced individual to be part of a consultancy with international market exposure across a wide range of energy types and markets.
The Role and Responsibilities
Working as a senior member of the FGE oil team, the role will include:
- Strategic management and direction of the coverage of FGE’s refined product reports and data sets to providing insights and delivering an industry leading service.
- Providing market analysis for refined products, particularly focused on price, futures, derivatives, and the impact of these areas on the wider market in both regular written reports and in ad-hoc presentations.
- Work with the President and senior oil team members to come to an agreed view on forecasts for supply/demand and refined product pricing.
- Participate in the analysis and formation of a company view of supply, demand, trade and pricing.
- Working as part of the senior FGE oil team, analysing and modelling industry trends with respect to refined product, building forecasts and evaluations for FGE’s short- and long-term oil services.
- Working with editorial to ensure the timely editing of reports.
- Coordination and delivery of project work when necessary.
- Contributing analysis and insight towards client proposals and ad-hoc projects.
- Preparing and delivering presentation material to both internal and external audiences.
- Responding to client requests and presenting FGE’s latest analysis.
- Building and maintain relationships with clients and relevant industry contacts.
- Liaising with industry contacts and gathering market intelligence and insight.
- Working with the Business Development team to present our services to potential new clients.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An excellent understanding of the oil markets with relevant experience in refined product markets.
- Previous experience working with commodities traders be it on a trading desk as an analyst or as an external consultant would be ideal.
- The ability to write clear and concise analysis, in English, to present FGE’s views in writing and in stand-up presentations.
- Thought leadership that provides intellectual input to marketing and sales through understanding of market fundamentals and experience of client interaction.
- Existing relationships and contacts across the wider oil industry.
- Great attention to detail and a love of data.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, ability to use VBA/Macros will be an advantage.
- Legally able to work in England or Singapore.
How Do I Apply for This Position?
If you are interested in applying for this position, and you meet the above requirements, please submit your application through our Online Application Form (see button on the right). Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive, we are only able to contact applicants who have been selected for interview. Please note, we are only able to process applications that include a CV. Those without will not be processed.