Gas/LNG Market Analyst - Singapore
FGE, a leading consulting company specializing in providing world-class research and analysis of both regular and complex aspects of the oil and gas markets, is expanding its Singapore operations. This position, based in Singapore, provides an excellent opportunity for dynamic individuals seeking career growth, to be part of a consultancy with international market exposure.
What awaits you
This current opportunity is to join FGE’s Gas/LNG team in Singapore as a Gas/LNG Market Analyst. We are a team that provides leading-edge market analysis to our clients with a focus on commercial insight. As the world embarks on its decarbonization journey, it is paramount to understand energy systems in a holistic context. We apply a variety of modelling techniques and incorporate both quantitative and qualitative information to underpin our forward-looking view.
The entrepreneurial spirit of the Gas/LNG team allows for a dynamic working environment that enables the company to adapt and develop its products in line with changes within the industry. This dynamism also allows the company to provide unrivalled organic growth opportunities to candidates with a proven ability to develop and expand the business.
Team members are exposed to a wide variety of on-the-job training opportunities based on their progression and as part of FGE’s ongoing activities. Our team leverages members’ strengths and interests to keep individuals engaged while producing relevant research for our clients. There is ample room for further career development, to anchor and lead key elements of research coverage.
The Role and Responsibilities
The ideal candidate would be a member of the Gas/LNG team to ensure that our views and published research are timely, comprehensive, coherent, and insightful. The key deliverables include:
- Formulate timely and forward-looking views of key market developments and their impact on natural gas and LNG markets.
- Generate commercially relevant market insights and deliver them to clients via written reports and presentations.
- Develop and maintain supply and demand models to forecast gas and power balances in downstream markets.
- Identify, obtain, and organise useful information from a variety of internal and external sources.
- Support bespoke consulting engagements as well as the development of FGE’s research products and databases.
- Collaborate with FGE’s international offices and various experts to deliver a consistent and coherent view of the energy markets.
- Engage with clients to understand different perspectives and ensure that FGE’s research is relevant and insightful.
- Act as the subject matter expert on specific markets or segments of value chain and communicate key findings to the team.
The key requirements and qualifications include:
- Able to do independent research and work with a project team.
- Pro-active in suggesting research ideas and improving existing analytical tools.
- Able to distil key findings into clear visualizations and concise narratives for a variety of audiences.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Able to multi-task and perform in a deadline-driven environment.
- Comfortable working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Experience with data analytics, visualization, and automation tools is a plus (e.g., Power Query, Power BI, Python, SQL).
- Fluency in English is essential. Fluency in Mandarin or any other languages is a plus.
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Singapore.
- 0 to 5 years of experience.
- Opportunistic hires will be placed in appropriate level positions according to their experience and skill sets.
Remuneration will be based on skills, talent, and relevant experience. Salary is competitive, with potential for generous bonuses. The opportunity would provide successful candidates many prospects to develop a key role in an expanding research/consultancy business.
We are only able to contact applicants who have been selected for interview. Please note we are only able to process applications that include a CV. Those without will not be processed.
How Do I Apply for This Position?
If you are interested in applying for this position, and you meet the above requirements, please submit your application through our Online Application Form (see button on the right). Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive, we are only able to contact applicants who have been selected for interview. Please note, we are only able to process applications that include a CV. Those without will not be processed.