European Gas Market Analyst/Consultant - London
The Role and Responsibilities
A vacancy has arisen in our London office for a European gas market analyst/consultant working within FGE’s gas/LNG team. This position reports to the Head, Gas Fundamental Analysis (Singapore) and the Director of Research (London).
- Take ownership of FGE's European Gas Service, leading analysis and forecasting in this area.
- Track developments in European gas markets, understand the interplay between the global LNG trade and European markets.
- Building, maintaining, and improving FGE’s information database (trade, gas/LNG projects, pipelines, storage, pricing, cargos and contracts) by closely monitoring the markets and gathering market information.
- Advise clients on the impacts of European market developments on global LNG fundamentals and price.
- Work closely with oil and gas experts in FGE’s other international offices to provide strategic and analytical input to the research and consulting group.
- Periodically publish timely and insightful reports covering emerging topics in Europe, which have a wider impact across multiple markets.
- Support ad-hoc client projects and proposals covering topics including market entry, portfolio structuring, contracting strategy and more.
- Preparing and presenting both internal and external client presentations.
- Fulfilling the group's research and consulting mandate as well as participating in ad-hoc projects. This includes sourcing, extracting, analysing and evaluating complex data sets for the production of consulting reports.
Highly numerate graduate ideally with oil industry experience; alternatively from a finance, engineering, economics or similar background:
- Educated to degree level in a numerate subject (e.g. sciences, mathematics, business, economics or engineering), or any related higher education qualifications.
- Basic understanding of the structure of European gas/LNG markets.
- Fluent (written and verbal) in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills .
- High level of numeracy.
- Demonstrable proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Ability to undertake independent research and work with a remote project team.
- Meticulous and keen to work with databases.
- Excellent presentation skills including proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Ability to multi-task and perform in a deadline driven environment.
- Fresh graduates are welcome to apply.
- Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
How Do I Apply for This Position?
If you are interested in applying for this position, and you meet the above requirements, please submit your application through our Online Application Form (see button below). Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive, we are only able to contact applicants who have been selected for interview. Please note, we are only able to process applications that include a CV. Those without will not be processed.