Energy Analyst - Singapore
FGE is an international energy consultancy group specialising in providing world-class research and analysis of both regular and complex aspects of the oil and gas markets. A vacancy has arisen in our Singapore office for an EnergyAnalyst to work within our extensive NGLs consulting practice.
We are a team of experienced professionals with a wide range of international clients, mainly oil companies, financial institutions and producer governments. Our consultancy services include the provision of regular research and analysis, interacting with clients and undertaking special studies and reports. The entrepreneurial spirit of FGE’s consultants allows for a dynamic working environment that enables the company to adapt and develop its products in line with changes within the industry. This dynamism also allows the company to provide unrivalled organic growth opportunities to candidates with a proven ability to develop and expand the business.
The Role and Responsibilities
- Gathering and manipulating substantial amount of primary data on a regular basis;
- Creating, updating and maintaining spreadsheets;
- Modelling energy markets, supply and demand;
- Regular and broad research on legal, geopolitical and regulatory changes that will affect oil and energy demand;
- Working with existing teams to analyse macro and micro economic data to identify and forecast oil and energy demand trends. Provide strategic and analytical input across all areas of our research incl. ad-hoc projects;
- Prepare reports in a timely, relevant and thought provoking manner;
- Maintain regular contact with clients and market participants to gather market information and develop business opportunities.
- A minimum of bachelor's or master’s degree in relevant disciplines such as economics, engineering or statistics;
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel;
- Meticulous attention to detail and keen to work with databases;
- Fluent (written and verbal) in English, another language would be an asset;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong sense of personal responsibility;
- Ability to multi-task and perform in a deadline driven environment;
- Candidates must have at least 1 years’ previous work experience in commodities, energy or a related field;
- Candidates must be able to work in Singapore;
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
How Do I Apply for This Position?
If you are interested in applying for this position, and you meet the above requirements, please submit your application through our Online Application Form (see button on the right). Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive, we are only able to contact applicants who have been selected for interview. Please note, we are only able to process applications that include a CV. Those without will not be processed.