Downstream Senior Oil Market Analyst/Consultant - Singapore
FGE is an international energy consultancy group specialising in providing world-class research and analysis of both regular and complex aspects of the oil and gas markets. A vacancy has arisen in the Singapore office for a Downstream Senior Oil Market Analyst/Consultant to work within our extensive downstream consulting practice.
The Role and Responsibilities
- Play a key role in developing and maintaining Asia Pacific oil and refined products demand models and scenarios;
- Identify relevant demand-side trends;
- Contribute to one or more flagship research reports produced by the company (monthly and semi-annual basis), covering refined oil product markets, supply/demand balances, price and margin forecasts, refinery operations, and product trade;
- Provide analysis and interpretation of current and future trends in refining and products market;
- Communicate insights through published notes, presentations, calls, emails and meetings with clients and prospects;
- Contribute to and/or lead bespoke projects for clients on downstream/refining, products market and trade – either in response to specific requests or as multi-client reports.
Highly numerate graduate ideally with oil industry experience; alternatively from a finance, engineering, economics or similar background:
- Minimum undergraduate or post-graduate qualification in accounting, finance, economics, engineering, or related discipline;
- Knowledge of oil market analysis, preferably with refining experience and/or demand forecasting and modelling experience (~4-6 years’ experience);
- Strong analytical skills, ability to obtain pertinent information and develop effective models;
- Excellent numeracy/written skills and comfortable working with large data sets from disparate and often unstructured sources;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to establish and maintain strong professional relationships;
- Willing to work collaboratively in support of the team whilst simultaneously carrying out independent tasks and activities;
- Must be clear-thinking and decisive;
- Able to anticipate team needs and be proactive rather than reactive;
- Confident and clear communication style;
- Able to work independently with teams across different time zones;
- Fluent in English (spoken and written), other languages would be an advantage;
- Candidates must be able to work in Singapore;
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
How Do I Apply for This Position?
If you are interested in applying for this position, and you meet the above requirements, please submit your application through our Online Application Form (see button on the right). Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive, we are only able to contact applicants who have been selected for interview. Please note, we are only able to process applications that include a CV. Those without will not be processed.