Downstream Oil Market Consultant - Singapore
An opportunity has arisen at FGE’s Singapore office for a mid-level analyst/consultant to be part of our extensive downstream consulting practice.
The Role and Responsibilities
- Play a key role in developing and maintaining Asia Pacific oil and refined products demand models and scenarios;
- Identify relevant demand-side trends;
- Contribute to one or more flagship research reports produced by the company (monthly and semi-annual basis), covering refined oil product markets, supply/demand balances, price and margin forecasts, refinery operations, and product trade;
- Provide analysis and interpretation of current and future trends in refining and products market;
- Communicate insights through published notes, presentations, calls, emails and meetings with clients and prospects;
- Contribute to and/or lead bespoke projects for clients on downstream/refining, products market and trade – either in response to specific requests, or as multi-client reports.
- Minimum undergraduate or post-graduate qualification in accounting, finance, economics, engineering, or related discipline;
- Knowledge of oil/energy markets and/or financial markets, preferably with prior experience in demand forecasting and modeling (~5 years’ experience);
- Strong analytical skills, ability to obtain pertinent information and develop effective models;
- Excellent numeracy/written skills and comfortable working with large data sets from disparate and often unstructured sources;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to present findings with confidence;
- Is a stable and consistent performer;
- Strong sense of responsibility;
- Good writing and oral presentation skills;
- Able to travel;
- Fluent (written and verbal) English;
- Must be able to work in Singapore.
How Do I Apply for This Position?
If you are interested in applying for this position, and you meet the above requirements, please submit your application through our Online Application Form (see button on the right). Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive, we are only able to contact applicants who have been selected for interview. Please note, we are only able to process applications that include a CV. Those without will not be processed.