Downstream Oil Market Consultant - London
An opportunity has arisen at FGE’s London office for a mid-level analyst to help cover our extensive downstream forecasting and support activities.
The Role and Responsibilities
- Providing input into our reports and leading downstream focused project work/studies;
- performing an active role in client relations;
- managing and interacting with other staff, working as an effective team member;
- being part of a global downstream team and working together across various service lines and products.
- Provide analysis and interpretation of current and future trends in refining operations (operating rates, margins, specifications and legislation, trade);
- Play a key role in developing the company’s short, medium, long term outlook for refining and product markets (capacity, throughput rates, trade balances, margins and profitability);
- Contribute to one or more flagship research reports produced by the company (weekly, monthly and annual basis), covering refined oil product markets, price and margin forecasts, refinery operations, supply/demand balances and product trade;
- Contribute to and lead bespoke projects for clients on downstream/refining, products market and trade – either in response to specific requests, or as multi-client reports;
- Interact with clients and company offices in other regions (by email, telephone, in person presentations and video-conferencing).
Applicants should have a related degree or post-graduate qualification and an in-depth knowledge of the downstream sector of the oil business, on an international basis, either through oil company employment or high grade analytical role. This will probably require a minimum of five years’ experience in the sector, excellent numeracy/written skills, proficiency in Excel and the ability to work within a highly motivated team. It also requires the ability to look at issues both from a general perspective as well as in-depth.
Specific experience in at least some of the following disciplines will be required:
- Refining (technical knowledge is an advantage but not essential), primarily Atlantic Basin.
- Short-term crude oil and products market analysis.
- Strategic industry analysis in medium/long term.
- Price forecasting (including crude and product differentials) in Europe, US and Asia over short and long-term.
- Supply/demand balances of oil products across regions and impact on markets.
- Crude and/or product trade.
- Operations of physical markets (transportation, shipping, storage).
- Downstream company analysis and performance.
How Do I Apply for This Position?
If you are interested in applying for this position, and you meet the above requirements, please submit your application through our Online Application Form (see button on the right). Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive, we are only able to contact applicants who have been selected for interview. Please note, we are only able to process applications that include a CV. Those without will not be processed.