Copy Editor - Singapore
FGE is an international consultancy group specializing in providing world-class research and analysis of both regular and complex aspects of today’s energy markets to a wide range of international clients. A vacancy has arisen in the FGE's Singapore office for a Copy Editor to work within our global editing team and reporting to our Senior Editor in Singapore.
Our consultancy services include the provision of regular research and analysis, interacting with clients and undertaking special studies and reports.
We are looking for a sharp-eyed, diligent and self-motivated Copy Editor to ensure the content in our reports, projects and marketing materials is word-perfect, free from typographical and grammatical errors, and factually correct.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for editing content published in our Singapore office, but may also need to edit materials released from FGE’s other offices around the world where necessary.
The Role and Responsibilities
- Proofreading reports produced largely in our Asian offices for spelling and grammatical errors, and working with our consultants/analysts to ensure corrections are incorporated into the final document.
- Making sure the formatting of our reports, projects, and presentations adheres to our in-house brand and style guides.
- Re-working content, where necessary, to ensure it flows correctly.
- Fact-checking content, where necessary, with the help of our team of consultants/analysts.
- Must be able to work with content on multiple platforms, including digital/web, and print-based.
- Minimum undergraduate or post-graduate qualification in English Literature/Writing, Journalism, or related discipline.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Fluent (written and verbal) in English with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proven track record of providing copy editing services in a similar business environment.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be highly organised.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Confident and clear communication style.
- Interest or knowledge of the oil and gas energy sectors would be an advantage.
- Willing to work collaboratively in support of the team whilst simultaneously carrying out independent editing tasks.
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Singapore.
How Do I Apply for This Position?
If you are interested in applying for this position, and you meet the above requirements, please submit your application through our Online Application Form (see button on the right). Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive, we are only able to contact applicants who have been selected for interview. Please note, we are only able to process applications that include a CV. Those without will not be processed.